Pages

Monday, March 28

If it looks lika a snake.......

and it moves like a snake, then it must be a snake. Well not exactly. A couple of days ago, I was about to fly out the door to rescue my washing from a pending storm but I stopped dead in my tracks. There, under the clothes line, was this reptile warming it's belly on the pebble concrete. At first I thought "SNAKE" but it didn't look quite right.



Bec took a photo of it and researched it on the web and found it to be a Burtons legless lizard. Their average length is 29cm and this one was a monster at around 60cm. Mind you, I had no intention of getting the excat measurement.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb said...

Eeeewwwww! strange looking fellow isn't he.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Scary...I would not go near anything faintly resembling a snake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...