Pages

Sunday, February 14

Do you celebrate St. Valentine's Day?

I have to say that we (my DH and I) don't usually celebrate St. Valentine's Day, so you could have blown me over with a feather when DH came home on Friday night and handed me this gorgeous box of 3 red roses, gave me a hug and told me that he loves me.




I wanted to leave them in the box cause they looked so beautiful but DH was stressing that they might not survive so I found a vase. It turned out to be a good idea. Now I could admire them from every angle.




During dinner DH suggested that we make a booking at Coco's for Sunday Brunch. I can tell you that this girl was very happy.

Well today being Sunday 14th, we arrived at Coco's at 10am. I am mentioning the time for a reason. We were seated, water was poured and our order was taken. 11am found us still waiting for our meals. At 11.30, the waitress arrives and says that there was a mix up with our order , she was sorry and the meals would be ready shortly. The drinks waiter arrived with our coffee and a cup & saucer with a jug of milk for DD - no tea pot.

When the waitress brought out our meals DD asked if there was a pot of tea just sitting around. The teapot arrived with more apologizes. Fortunately, we were all in a good mood and thought the whole thing was terribly funny and were looking forward to seeing what would go wrong next.

Now don't get me wrong, the meal was great (when it finally arrived) it just turned from a Brunch to Lunch. LOL. When DH went to pay our bill, it came to $12.50. They said the meals were on the house due to the stuff up. "Lunch" tasted even better now.

What more can you ask for, a lovely "Lunch", lots of giggles, and I didn't have to make any lunch.

Hope your Valentine's Day was as much fun.

Hugs, Irene xx

2 comments:

Mel said...

OMG Irene, what a wonderful thing your husband did, flowers and then brunch/lunch and well in a way I am glad they made some mistakes with your order, wow, free lunch, awesome. Happy Valentines Day.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Oh...how romantic...so glad you had an enjoyable time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...