Pages

Tuesday, March 30

Medical report on my computer

Firstly, I must say that I am thankful that I have been given a second chance with my computer. I have known that the motherboard has being failing for a while now , so when my computer shut down, I just assumed that the mother board had died.

I mentioned my computer woes to my "tech mate" Ted and he was sure that if he replaced the motherboard with a spare one he had at home, that should fix the problem long enough for me to back up my recent work + my email address book + my videos + my music. You get the picture.

Well, the motherboard is still hanging in there - just. The problem was a massive heart attack (the power board had expired), so after a transplant my computer has arrived home with strict instructions to retrieve all the information I can because the end is very near.

I have been backing up my files (namely - photos , work in progress and all my scrapbooking stuff). But it was the little bits and pieces that I thought that I had lost. I was upset about that but could live with the loss and come away with a valuable lesson -
BACK UP.....BACK UP....BACK UP.

So now I am in the process of retrieving as much as I can off my trusty friend and I am looking forward to getting my new computer.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings,

Hugs, Irene xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...