Pages

Monday, November 10

What a Day

This has been such a crazy day. I was expecting Scott this morning at 9am to start on my new kitchen. At 7.40, five guys rock up in trucks. I was up to my elbows in suds, two cupboards still had to be emptied and I wanted to give the microwave a last wipe out.

I was ousted out of my kitchen - no room there for me with five large boys and their tools. Having said that, I really didn't mind because my new kitchen was on the back of one of those trucks. I started to grin all over again.

I left them to it and retreated to my scrap room to tackle a challenge which ends today. Out in the kitchen there was a lot of hammering, drilling, heave hoeing, re wiring etc but thankfully no "OH, NO". Not until I came back into the room and saw the mess.






There is plaster powder EVERYWHERE. Bits of cupboard, doors, screws, junk EVERYWHERE. But I just kept on grinning - I knew where my NEW kitchen was. They have all packed up and gone for the day. But, they are coming back tomorrow.

Well here is my layout for - to the Starres and back. We were given a layout to scraplift and
also the word "AMAZE" must be used.



The little verse reads:

Someday I'll jump through puddles,
take a stroll or urn a race.
Someday I'll walk across the street
or maybe walk in space.
Someday I'll scale a mountain
or I'll join a ballet corps.
Someday I'll walk a tightrope
or explore the the ocean floor.
Someday these feet will do some things
that only Heaven knows.
But for today they're happy
just to wriggle all their toes.

Author unknown

I am off to find the vacuum cleaner and get a little order back in the house before hubby gets home. I shall keep you posted.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this week of all weeks, I am starting a journal "A week in the Life".
It's a wonderful idea where you get to document your week, day by day. It should be a very interesting week for me I think. If you want to know more about this journal you can find out more on Ali Edwards blog site.

2 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your "amaze" layout is great! Love it.

Ruth Philps said...

Great photos and I love that verse, next time I remember it can I "borrow" it?Just need my wee boy to be a bit older!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...