Pages

Friday, June 18

Paperclipping Festival Entry

I have been a member of Paperclipping for over a year now. This web site focuses on techneques rather than products. I totally love this site and have learned so much from Noell who is the owner. She very gengrously shares her knowledge and passion from design to photography. So much is free but if you are a member, you get extra content every month. If I have stirred your interest, then head over to Paperclipping and check things out - you won't be disappointed.

Noell is running a Paperclipping Festival on 22nd June and members have been invited to create a project using techneques from any of the tutorial videos. I was inspired after seeing Noell's Coffee Cup Wamers Minibook. Here is a mini tag book that I put together using this tutorial.

For many years I have not only made wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses but I have also altered too many to remember. Being a true scrapper, I kept all the tags from the bought dresses (alfred angelo) knowing that they would come in handy someday.

After watching one of Noell's video tutorials, I have decided to use these tags to create this mini book which holds only a few of the gowns that I have altered. I wanted the mini book to have a whimsical, bridal and delicate feel to it.

Firstly, I covered one side of each tag with texture paste and while wet, I stamped an image into it using a foam stamp (I think it is from Making Memories). When dry, I painted each tag with a thin coat of white acrylic paint making sure that the printing on the tag stayed visible.




On the other side, I adhered photos of "my girls" as I like to call them and added patterned vellum to the top and bottom of the photo for a romantic touch. Finishing off with a layered punched flower.



On the reverse side of of each page, I have added a little bit of journaling about the bride to be, the wedding day and what alterations were needed.




For the front cover I applied 2 good coats of white paint after the texture paste had dried. Next I added a touch of Versa Color sky blue and highlighted the stamped pattern with Versa Color royal blue to help it stand out. For the titleI used stickers by Karen Foster Headline.



The journaling cards are inked with Versa Color royal blue and adhered with mounting squares and finished off with a tiny punched flower.



I set a large flower eyelet in the top of each tag and threaded all the pages onto a ball chain and tied a few ribbons, pearls and lace onto it.


Close up of layered flowers. I placed them randomly on each page.

I have thoroughly enjoyed making this album especially being able to have the connection of the tags which came from the wedding gowns.
Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs, Irene xx

5 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

This is just gorgeous and so creative! Thanks for sharing.

Anne Walterich said...

Great job!

linda said...

What a cute mini! It's great to see another Paperclipping member's work... the colors match perfectly - great job!
linda from backtopaper.com

Karen Hanim said...

I absolutely love this! I had seen Noel's tutorial about using coffee holders for a book. It is fun to see how you used that to make this. I just think your work is fabulous!

j.de.lu designs said...

Just love how you used the tags. SO creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...