Pages

Thursday, January 7

DDA Covered Album

Morning all, hope your day is a good one. I am slowly getting my DDA (December Daily Album) completed. I am still waiting on a few of those final photos and when all the pages are completed, I will post them, hopefully in a week or so. Until then I can show you the album cover. It is the first fabric cover I have attempted so please don't be too critical.

I found this gorgeous rich red pure silk fabric which I felt had a great Christmas feel. I have kept the embellishments very simple - the focus being on the fabric. With the inner front and back covers, I wanted to tell the story of what Christmas is all about.


I am a true scrapper at heart and never through anything away. I made the Christmas Baubles from the gold foil that you peel off a tub of cream cheese. I ran the foil through my Cuttlebug, glued it onto some cardstock then cut out the desired shapes. Made the loops from gold wire and attached with ribbon.




The Inner Front Cover
I downloaded the images off the internet, flipped the "Three Wise Men" image so they were traveling in the right direction and cut them out with a craft knife.



Inner Back Cover
This was a little time consuming but well worth the effort. I used basic black cardstock and added a layered gold star.



Thanks for stopping by,

Hugs, Irene xx

3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is beautiful...you are brilliant, who would have thought that foil from a cream cheese tub could look that lovely.

Deb said...

Your DDA looks fantastic. Luv the baubles that you have created....beautiful and the inside covers are gorgeous. I also love your painting below. Thanks for visiting my blog.

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Irene
thank you for visiting my blog and the answer to your question is yes each shell was lovingly glued on one by one and worth it totally. Love your treasure box below it is so delicate and the colours are fabulous
hugs kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...